As the unprecedented situation with the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic continues to spread throughout the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Unruh, Turner, Burke & Frees (UTBF) has been closely monitoring the recommendations from Governor Tom Wolf’s office (click here) and the United States Centers for Disease Control regarding workplace/ public health and safety. We are currently following those guidelines and proclamations. As a result, our physical offices are closed to clients, staff and the public.
We are continuing to handle telephone and video conferences on a prearranged appointment schedule for estate planning, and for our executors and trustees of estates and trusts. While we are doing our best to provide a high level of service to clients and their families, some of our staff may be working from home, so we appreciate your patience.
FOR QUESTIONS OR SCHEDULING: Please call our office at 610-933-8069, or email us.
David Frees: [email protected]
Douglas Kaune: [email protected]
Andrew Friedlander: [email protected]
Denise Fox: [email protected]
Laurel Stauffer: [email protected]
Kara Shuler: [email protected]
Client Relations Managers:
Tammy Myers: [email protected]
Lisa Snyder: [email protected]
Lisa DiRico: [email protected]
If an outbreak necessitates further restrictions, we are developing additional contingency plans to continue meeting our clients’ most pressing needs and deadlines.
TAX DEADLINE REMINDER: We also want to remind all executors and trustees that they should discuss any inheritance or estate tax issues and possible extensions of estate and/or trust income tax returns with your accountant or estate/trust paralegal.
As we continue to monitor the rapidly evolving news related to the COVID-19 pandemic, we want to share with you what we are doing to protect you and our team at our offices when we return to having regular appointments:
- Rescheduling appointments for clients who are either elderly and ill, or experiencing flu-like symptoms, until their symptoms have subsided. If your legal matters are urgent, and depending on the nature of your appointment, we will make every effort to use the technology you are most comfortable with to honor your appointment;
- Employees who exhibit flu-like symptoms are required to stay home until their symptoms have subsided;
- Refraining from shaking hands with clients and washing our hands frequently;
- Observing social distancing protocols (sitting six feet apart from one another);
- Thoroughly cleaning/disinfecting all surfaces after meeting with each client; and
- Encouraging respiratory etiquette, including covering coughs and sneezes.
We hope that you and your family remain healthy and safe throughout this global health challenge.
Please contact us with any questions you may have.