Yes.  When properly structured family members can be paid for providing such care without it appearing to be a gift which would disqualify the elderly person from mediciad.  However, it must not be excessive, it should  be properly documented under a care agreement that meets the requirements of Pennsylvania law and it is taxable as income for the receipient fo the payments.

For elder care issues call:  Aks for David Frees 610-933-8069
He will make sure that you are helped by one of his partners or associates
with extensive elder law and nursing home experience.
David M. Frees, III
Connect with me
Attorney, Speaker and Author