Do You Need A Power Of Attorney from Your College Student?

Posted on Sep 06, 2010
The Reverse Might be True Too - A Power of Attorney From Your Student to You If you have a college aged student going off to school this fall, or an older college student and you don't yet have a power of attorney, HIPPA authorization, a medical power of attorney or even a POA from his or her bank, then you might want to read this article on students and the power of attorney.  Many parents don't realize, that once that child turnss 18, that many privacy laws and policies now apply to them and that you might be shut out of informaiton about their college records, medical records and medical decision making.

Want to know more and what to do about it?

Click here for information about powers of attorney and medical power (including a HIPPA authorization) for your young adult children.

For more information about our family plans for estate planning, our free consultations for college students and client family members, and for new clients call or email attorney David M Frees III at 610-933-8069 or [email protected]

You can also reach David Frees' paralegals, and assistants Donna, Beth and Denise at 610-933-8069.

Read More About Do You Need A Power Of Attorney from Your College Student?...

David M. Frees, III
Connect with me
Attorney, Speaker and Author