https://www.paestateplanners.com/ As new parents, you want to care for and protect your baby. Additionally, you should make sure your child will be cared for and protected legally if you are gone. Because we know you have many questions surrounding estate planning, we have put together this short video to help you.
If you are a new parent and do not have a Last Will and Testament or if you have a Last Will that is more than five years old, here are some questions you should consider:
- Do you have a guardianship provision in your estate plan?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of trusts vs. uniform transfers to minors’ accounts?
- At what age should distributions to your child or children be made?
- How should you instruct the trustees to act when you are not available?
- Should you consider a sprinkle trust when there is an age gap between your children and until they graduate from college?
- Have you had additional children or been married or divorced in the last five years? If so, you need to update your Last Will to account for any changes.
At Unruh, Turner, Burke & Frees, our estate attorneys have the answers to your questions and can help you come up with a plan that will meet the specific needs of your family. Call us at 610.933.8069 or contact us online at https://www.paestateplanners.com/contact.cfm.