Denise C. Werkley is a shareholder and Chair of the firm’s Banking and Finance Practice. Her practice regularly consists of advising national and local financial institution and investor clients regarding commercial financing and loan transactions, including drafting of loan documentation with varied collateral, title review, due diligence, closings and loan modifications. She also assists financial institutions and asset lender in the negotiation of disputed loans, loan sales, forbearances and collateral issues.
Denise’s practice also includes the representation of commercial real estate developers and custom home builders in all aspects of real estate matters including site acquisition, due diligence, title review, borrowing, planned communities, condominiums and homeowners associations. She also acts as outside general counsel to businesses ranging from start-ups to large closely-held companies, municipalities and school districts which includes among other things, general advice, contract review and business planning for all corporate functions.
Denise has been named a Pennsylvania Rising Star in Philadelphia Magazine by Super Lawyers over multiple years. She has received the preeminent “AV” rating from Martindale-Hubbell, recognizing superior legal ability as judged by her peers, and has been named a “Top Lawyer” in Business Law and Real Estate by Main Line Today Magazine over several years. In 2010 she was named a “Lawyer on the Fast Track” by the Legal Intelligencer.
- Commercial Transactions and Business Organizations
- Real Estate
- Trademarks and Copyrights
- Villanova University School of Law, J.D. (2000)
- Founder and President, Digital Law Forum
- Member, Corporate Law Society
- Reimel Moot Court Competition, quarter-finalist
- The Pennsylvania State University (1996)
- B.S., Psychology
- President, Student Union Board
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania (2000)
- Supreme Court of New Jersey (2000)
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania (2000)
- Chester County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Women's Referral Network of Chester County
- President (2006 to 2008)
- President Elect (2005 to 2006)
- Vice President for Community Relations (2003 to 2005)
- YWCA of Greater West Chester
- Vice President (2001 to 2002)
- Chester County Leadership Connection
- Graduate (2003)
Publications and Presentations
- Community Professor, How to Form a Non-Profit, Delaware County Community College, Chester County Alliance Adult Education (2005)
Ms. Werkley has experience in counseling small and large business and entrepreneurial clients with respect to various business issues, contract drafting, financing, real estate, and structuring, negotiation and closing complex acquisitions and divestitures. She has also developed a specialized practice in trademarks, copyrights and technology law, including software, Internet, and e-mail issues.